SAHAR · LASH | Artistry
Frequently Asked Questions
Contra - indications that require medical referral/permission : Medical Odeoma, Recent Diabetes , Eye Infection (e.g. Conjunctivitis) , Epilepsy, Nervous psychotic conditions , Facial operations affecting the area , Undiagnosed pain, Whiplash, When taking prescribed medication, Slipped Disc, Trichlotillomania, Infectious Skin Disease, Severe Skin Disorder(e.g. Eczema), Eye Disease, Chemotherapy, Skin Cancer, Eye Infection
Contra - indications that restrict treatment (may require adaptation: Hypersensitive skin, Botox/dermal fillers (1 week following treatment), Hyper-Keratosis, Skin Allergies, Styes, Watery Eyes, Inflamed Nerve, Eye Infection(treatment must be 2weeks after cleared), Fever, Cuts/Bruises/Abrasions/Sunburn, Sinusitis, Migraine/Headache, Hormonal Implants, Undiagnsed Lumps, Recent Fractures (minimum 3 months), Trapped/pinched nerve affecting the eye area, Under the influence of recreational drugs or alcohol
Scar Tissue (2years for major Op./6months for small scar), Eye Disorder, Skin Disorder (e.g non active Psoriasis), Dry eye syndrome, Glaucoma, Contact lenses, Thyroid Disturbance.
How long will they remain in place?
Eyelash extensions are individual and can last up to 4-6 weeks depending on the life cycle of your natural eyelashes, which is an average of 90 days and based upon successful adhesion of the false lash and how you treat them.
However, you will need maintenance if you want to keep your lashes long term, you will need in fills every 2-3 weeks, depending on how well you look after them and how your own natural lashes grow.
How do I maintain them?
The life cycle of the eyelash hair is approximately 4 - 6 weeks therefore, to ideally maintain the thickness and fullness and for the best results, it is recommended that you have in fills every 2 weeks.
Do I have to have regular maintenance?
Maintenance is not required if you chose to have eyelash extensions applied for a special occasion or a holiday. The semi permanent eyelashes will naturally grow/fall out with your natural eyelashes as a part of the normal hair growth cycle. However, once you have tried these amazing eyelash extensions, you will find yourself lost without them. They will have a wonderful transformation and a full set can last up to 6 weeks.
How long does the treatment take?
Classic Individual - approx 1hr 15
Russian Volume natural - approx 1hr 30
Mega volume - approx 2 hours
Maintenance 30 mins, 45 mins, 1hr slots available
How do I remove the lash extensions?
A fully trained lash technician should carry out all lash removals; under no circumstances must you try and remove them yourself.
Is it uncomfortable to have them applied?
Not at all, most people find that having eyelash extensions a relaxing experience. You will be reclined with your eyes closed and your bottom lashes protected while the eyelash extensions are applied individually to your natural eyelashes. Many clients fall asleep during the procedure.
Are the lashes good for holidays?
Yes, absolutely perfect, particularly for swimming. Chlorine will not affect the lashes and they will look gorgeous, thicker and longer, just perfect for lying around the pool.
Can I apply mascara to eyelash extensions?
If you chose to wear mascara, only water-based mascara can be used for classic lashes only. You can purchase special formulated eyelash extension mascara separately that is specific for the eyelash extensions which only need to be applied to the tips and can be removed with warm water.
How do I know how thick or long I should have my lashes?
We supply a variety of different lengths and thicknesses to create a tailored made look to suit your needs. Careful consideration is taken whilst creating this look as thought needs to be put into the strength and length of your natural lashes to insure the longevity of your lash extensions.
- To ensure the long lasting of your lashes regular maintenance is required
- For the first 2 hours after lash application do not allow water to contact the eyelashes.
- Be gentle with your lashes.
- Avoid rubbing your eyes or picking and pulling at your lashes.
- For 2 days after lash application do not steam face, use a steam bath, swim, or wash face with hot water.
- Do not use waterproof mascara, as this will affect the bonding of the lashes. Only use water-based mascara on the lash tips of classic lashes only.
- Do not perm eyelash extensions.
- Do not use a lash curler, as this will break the lash extensions and the natural eyelashes.
- Use a lash shampoo (or baby shampoo with water) to clean the lashes at the root of the lash daily.
- Do not rub the eyes and always pat dry after cleansing.
- Do not get any products on the lashes except for when you are shampooing your lashes, moisturisers or any other oil based products must be kept away from the lashes and lid area.